Hyundai Motor UK Ltd – 2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize – KONA – Promotion
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Hyundai Motor UK Limited, 728 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1HE.
- This promotion is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over. Employees and their immediate families of Hyundai Motor UK Ltd (the “Promoter”), its dealers, subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are excluded.
- The promotion will run from 27/07/2017 – 20/09/2017 (“Overall Promotional Period”) and will
consist of seven individual prize draws across seven Promotional Periods:
- Promotional Period One (“PP1”) – 27/07/2017 to 23:59 on 02/08/2017
- Promotional Period Two (“PP2”) – 00:00 on 03/08/2017 to 23:59 on 09/08/2017
- Promotional Period Three (“PP3”) – 00:00 on 10/08/2017 to 23:59 on 16/08/2017
- Promotional Period Four (“PP4”) – 00:00 on 17/08/2017 to 23:59 on 23/08/2017
- Promotional Period Five (“PP5”) – 00:00 on 24/08/2017 to 23:59 on 30/08/2017
- Promotional Period Six (“PP6”) – 00:00 on 31/08/2017 to 23:59 on 06/09/2017
- Promotional Period Seven (“PP7”) - 27/07/2017 to 23:59 on 20/09/2017
- Consumers can receive a maximum of four entries into each prize draw. Only one entry per person will be counted per social media platform (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook) regardless of the number of tweets, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook comments made during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- To enter a prize draw, consumers must do the following during the applicable Promotional
- Login to their Twitter account and post using the hashtag #HyundaiMercuryPrize AND/OR;
- Login to their Instagram account and post using the hashtag #HyundaiMercuryPrize AND/OR;
- Login to their YouTube account and comment underneath any post from Hyundai UK or Boiler Room that includes the hashtag #HyundaiMercuryPrize and references the promotion AND/OR;
- Login to their Facebook account and comment underneath any post from Hyundai UK or Boiler Room which includes the hashtag and references the promotion #HyundaiMercuryPrize.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Hyundai Motor UK (the “Promoter”) takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion
- Consumers who enter via Twitter must have a public account to be entered into a prize draw.
- Entrants are subject to the terms and conditions of Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook located at https://twitter.com/tos, https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511, https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=GB&template=terms and https://www.facebook.com/terms respectively.
- To be entered into the applicable prize draw, entries must be received before:
- 23:59 on 02/08/2017 for Promotional Period 1 (“PP1")
- 23:59 on 09/08/2017 for Promotional Period 2 (“PP2")
- 23:59 on 16/08/2017 for Promotional Period 3 (“PP3")
- 23:59 on 23/08/2017 for Promotional Period 4 (“PP4")
- 23:59 on 30/08/2017 for Promotional Period 5 (“PP5")
- 23:59 on 06/09/2017 for Promotional Period 6 (“PP6")
- 23:59 on 20/09/2017 for Promotional Period 7 (“PP7")
- 7 x prizes will be available during the Overall Promotional Period, comprising of:
- Promotional Periods 1 - 6
- A pair of tickets (for two adults aged 18+) to the 2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize on 14/09/2017 at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith London
- 1 night 4* hotel accommodation, based on double occupancy (including breakfast) at a hotel chosen by the Promoter
- Return hotel and event transfers
- £250 spending money to cover travel to London and other expenses
Promotional Period 7
- 1 x new Hyundai KONA Premium SE, including:
- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty
- 5 years roadside assistance
- 5 years of annual vehicle health checks
- 1 year road tax
- Promotional Periods 1 - 6
- The prizes are as stated and nothing else is included. All other costs and expenses in taking up 2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize packages are the winners’ and guests’ own. The winner of the Hyundai KONA must provide proof that they hold a valid UK driving licence before the prize can be awarded.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Each prize draw will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winner.
- PP1 – PP6 winners will be notified via Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook within 48 Hours of the close of the applicable Promotional Period. Winners will have 48 hours to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. The PP7 winner will be notified via Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook within 7 Days of the close of the Promotional Period. The winner will have 14 days to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or Facebook connections during this time in case they are the winner.
- Delivery of the Hyundai KONA will be organised directly with the PP7 winner.
- A maximum of one prize will be awarded per person across PP1 – PP6. PP1 – PP6 winners will also be eligible to win the PP7 prize draw.
- Prizes for the 2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize must be taken on 14/09/2017. Failure to be able to attend will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner
- The winners and their guests must be aged 18 or over. Valid photo ID (passport or driver’s licence) will be required.
- Winners and their guests will be subject to the terms and conditions that apply to the tickets for the 2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize. A copy of these will be provided to winners in their winning notifications
- Prizes cannot be transferred. There is no cash or other alternative for the prizes except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prizes once delivered to the winners.
- The prize winners’ full names and counties are available by sending a self-addressed envelope to ‘2017 Hyundai Mercury Prize – KONA – Winners’ to Social Media Manager, Hyundai Motor UK Ltd, 728 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1HE or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the Closing Date.
- By participating in the promotion, the entrants licence and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert.
- The winners (and their guests where applicable) agree to participate in related publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion without further recompense. This may include but is not limited to photographs taken which may be used for publicity purposes. By entering this promotion, the winner grants the Promoter the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit and reproduce their name, statements, video, voice, recordings, interviews, photographs or other visual or audible representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs or images in any medium (whether now known or hereafter invented) including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic and social media and for any and all purposes, publicity, promotion, packaging and trade throughout the world without restriction as to manner, frequency or duration of use or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with this promotion or in connection with the marketing of the products of the Promoter, or otherwise. The winners further agree that all materials produced pursuant to the rights set out above shall and will remain the property of the Promoter.
- Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange a prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winners not taking advantage of their prize due to health or any other reason.
- If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter is responsible for the collection and use of personal data in the context of the Promotion. Personal data is only processed for the purpose of participating in the promotion, identifying and contacting the winners and delivering prizes. The winners’ names may be announced publicly. Entry data will be deleted a maximum of 3 months after the end of the Promotion.
- Personal data is stored in the UK and is not shared with third parties except for the above purposes with the Promoter's service providers Big Group in accordance with applicable law. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here. You can withdraw your consent at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com, but will no longer be able to participate.